Monday, November 27, 2006

yikes (part 1)

I might have to finish the post later, because I have about 15 minutes until I have to go to work.

So Saturday started out as a really good day. It was super nice out, and we were all having a good time. My brother Will and I went to MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) and my parents walked around Central Park. The reason I put the full name in parenthesis is because even the people who worked in the subways didn't know what we were talking about when we asked them where MoMA was... So.

We walked around the museum for a good two hours, but then quickly got tired of all the modern art. I love modern art, probably one of my favorite genres of art. But when I read the little plaque about the installation where the lights turn off and on every five seconds, and it's telling me that it's supposed to challenge my perception of my space, and that each turning off and on negates the previous state of the room, I get a little skeptical. Or some jerk with too much time on his hands and a shitload of weed decided to wire up some lights and pass it off as art.

We also spent a lot of time in the MoMA store, which was WAY more interesting then the actual museum. I got some Pop Art postcards to make a little calendar thing (more on that later) and Will got a little book for his friend.

Then we went searching for a coffee shop. Downtown New York, you think you'd be assaulted by all the coffee shops. But no, it took us about 25 minutes to find one without a line two miles long.

No comments: