Wednesday, October 18, 2006

neck braces are hilarious...

... And there is nothing you can do to convince me otherwise.

My boyfriend's roommate hurt her back, and has to wear a neck brace. I feel bad for her, but the sight of someone in a neck brace makes me giggle. It's one of those things that you know is inappropriate but you can't help it. If I was in a neck brace and someone started laughing when they saw me, I'd probably feel pretty bad. On the other hand, I might also start laughing myself.

I did laugh at someone once when I saw them in a neck brace... My ex-boyfriend, who was in a minor car accident and got whiplash. I think one of the things that makes it so hilarious is the expression most people have when they are wearing a neck brace. It's like they know they look ridiculous, so they have this resigned grimace on their face. Just thinking about it makes me giggle.

Which is probably also inappropriate, because I'm in the library right now. I stole my parent's laptop to write an essay on, since it has Word and wireless internet. Instead I'm blogging, because I can't wrap my head around the essay I'm supposed to write. Five to seven pages about the religious themes in Jane Eyre. I know what to say and what I want to talk about, but I can't do it. It's due at 2 pm today, and I have to work at 11:30. So... I might be skipping English to finish the essay, then e-mailing it to my professor.

Did I mention that I've known about it for about two weeks? And I had a week with no English classes (meaning no other homework) to write it? And that I didn't have any classes on Monday and Tuesday? And that I am the biggest procrastinator in the world? No? Well...

*Sigh* Oh well, looks like I have to knock out a half-assed essay...

Cheerio,

Cate

No comments: