Thursday, November 02, 2006

no nablopomo?

I checked fussy's website, but I still don't see my name on the list. Hopefully it's just waiting to be updated.

Yesterday I pulled up to my parent's house and was greeted by the sight of seven or eight men on the roof. Since there have been hail storms in the last couple of months, a lot of people in the area are getting their roofs redone, my parents included. I don't mean to sound racist, but because of all the jobs available, there are many Latino guys working. So I park on the street (because they've taken up the entire driveway with a huge truck that has a dumpster on the back) and go inside. No matter where you are in the house, YOU CAN HEAR THEM WORKING. I know a lot of you out there are like me and think of sleep as something precious, to be worshiped and respected. I knew that if I stayed the night I would be woken up at daylight to the sound of heavy boots clomping across the ceiling. So I headed over to Nate's, where I spent the night. And awoke this morning at 9:15, well rested and ready for the day.

Tonight is AMAZING SMORGASBOARD OF LEFTOVERS night at my house, so Nate and I are making a feast. Hopefully everything isn't toxic.

No comments: